The Masterclass is specifically designed for practitioners dealing with the practical challenges of implementing the in combination provisions under the Habitats Regulations.
The Masterclass will be online and will be delivered over the mornings of Wednesday 21st and Thursday 22nd July. The joining instructions will be sent to you prior to the event.
The content will be particularly well suited to consultants, ‘competent authority’ staff and statutory nature conservation body advisors. It is assumed that all delegates will be familiar with the purpose and process for Habitats Regulations Assessment of plans and projects, and handling the Regulations in a general ‘day-to-day’ sense, but now need to explore specific areas in more detail.
Learning outcomes - The course will draw on case law and actual case examples and will:
• Enable delegates to understand and explain the key purpose of an in combination assessment.
• Explain the underlying basis for an assessment either alone or in combination and why it is important for these steps to be separate and distinct.
• Consider the factors to take into account in identifying ‘other plans and projects’ which are relevant to the proposal subject to assessment; including how (and when) historic plans and projects should be taken into account in light of the Moorburg decision in the European Courts.
• Explore in combination for strategic level plan based HRA
• Evaluate and apply the in combination steps in light of case law, case studies, examples of good practice and sources of advice and guidance.
• Provide guidance on the scope of an in combination assessment and keeping it manageable
• Appraise outcomes in terms of compliance and be aware of pitfalls to avoid.
• Review and revise approaches to determine if they are effective, proportionate and fit for purpose.
£375.00 (inclusive of VAT)