The Masterclass is specifically designed for practitioners dealing with the practical challenges of assessing air quality impacts under the Habitats Regulations.
The Masterclass will be online and will be delivered over the mornings of Wednesday 22nd and Thursday 23rd September 2021. The joining instructions will be sent to you two weeks prior to the event.
The content will be particularly well suited to consultants, ‘competent authority’ staff and statutory nature conservation body advisors. It is assumed that all delegates will be familiar with the purpose and process for Habitats Regulations Assessment of plans and projects, and handling the Regulations in a general ‘day-to-day’ sense, but now need to explore specific areas in more detail.
Learning outcomes - The course will draw on recent case law and actual case examples and will include:
- Sensitivities of different habitats and species
- Taking account of local factors and baseline conditions
- The Air Pollution Information System website
- Models and when to use them (SCAIL and detailed modelling)
- Understanding the contribution from a new plan or project
- Impacts of recent court decisions - dealing with thresholds
- Dealing with in combination for air quality impacts
- Spatially discrete effect footprints
- Appropriate assessment and applying the integrity test for air quality impacts
- Mitigation measures for air quality
£375.00 (inclusive of VAT)